Various Artists Grizzly Bear: Horn of Plenty-The Remixes
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kanine
The Grizzly Bear remixes transform the band's conventional take on indie folk into an eclectic horizon of genre-defying electronic compositions. Complete with retouches by Ariel Pink, Circlesquare, and Solex, this album sizzles, drones and pops its way into your head from beginning to end. The dopest track is Dntel's interpretation of "Merge," a patiently waving, bass-oriented dive into the depths of human emotion. Each track embodies a tonal consistency that's engaging as hell. If a remix album could win an award for connecting a batch of electronic genres to the world of indie rock, we may have a winner.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player