Various Artists Grizzly Bear: Horn of Plenty-The Remixes
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kanine
The Grizzly Bear remixes transform the band's conventional take on indie folk into an eclectic horizon of genre-defying electronic compositions. Complete with retouches by Ariel Pink, Circlesquare, and Solex, this album sizzles, drones and pops its way into your head from beginning to end. The dopest track is Dntel's interpretation of "Merge," a patiently waving, bass-oriented dive into the depths of human emotion. Each track embodies a tonal consistency that's engaging as hell. If a remix album could win an award for connecting a batch of electronic genres to the world of indie rock, we may have a winner.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player