Various Artists Grizzly Bear: Horn of Plenty-The Remixes
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kanine
The Grizzly Bear remixes transform the band's conventional take on indie folk into an eclectic horizon of genre-defying electronic compositions. Complete with retouches by Ariel Pink, Circlesquare, and Solex, this album sizzles, drones and pops its way into your head from beginning to end. The dopest track is Dntel's interpretation of "Merge," a patiently waving, bass-oriented dive into the depths of human emotion. Each track embodies a tonal consistency that's engaging as hell. If a remix album could win an award for connecting a batch of electronic genres to the world of indie rock, we may have a winner.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player