Various Artists Hear You Soon: Part One
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Blue Bell
Here's a pretty little bag of jellybean electronics from Blue Bell, a new label spun off from Darla Records. The 17 tracks of perky micro-pop collected here range from the softly orange glow of Marumari's "Casium" to Hausmeister's dorky-cute bop, "Ruben," from the chimes of "Good Morning, Amanda" to Greg Davis's tangled guitar and harmonics. Hear is sweet, but some of the songs seem frustratingly bite-sized, blurry around the edges, and not quite cohesive in form. Tycho's "Dream As Memory," for example, starts out with a wonderfully rounded sheen, but stays small and stops short. Hear You Soon contains tantalizing tastes here that'll make you greedy for more.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player