Various Artists Hear You Soon: Part One
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Blue Bell
Here's a pretty little bag of jellybean electronics from Blue Bell, a new label spun off from Darla Records. The 17 tracks of perky micro-pop collected here range from the softly orange glow of Marumari's "Casium" to Hausmeister's dorky-cute bop, "Ruben," from the chimes of "Good Morning, Amanda" to Greg Davis's tangled guitar and harmonics. Hear is sweet, but some of the songs seem frustratingly bite-sized, blurry around the edges, and not quite cohesive in form. Tycho's "Dream As Memory," for example, starts out with a wonderfully rounded sheen, but stays small and stops short. Hear You Soon contains tantalizing tastes here that'll make you greedy for more.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player