Various Artists Hi-Grade Ganja Anthems
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Greensleeves
It's hard to think of a more ubiquitous topic in reggae than ganja. Now Greensleeves collects 18 joints, old and new, as a spliff-rolling soundtrack. The tracklist spans the eras from roots to dancehall, but offers few surprises: Triston Palma complains about people who continually ask him for Rizlas and lighters; John Holt, Eek-a-Mouse, Barrington Levy, and Carlton Livingston evade Babylon; Bounty Killer claims herb "makes you feel constructive and brave"; and Wayne Wonder & Don Yute take a stoned joyride. Nevertheless, it's a rich harvest of cultural reggae tunes even non-smokers will find irie.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player