Various Artists Hitek By Meteosound
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Meteosound
Meteosound equals clicks 'n' cuts production techniques applied to hip-hop and dub rhythm matrices. The 14 acts on Hitek By Meteosound apply fresh coats of sonic paint to houses showing wear and tear. Artists like Dabrye, Headset, Apparat (remixed by Monolake), and Andreas Tilliander engage in digital skullduggery with hip-hop's roots, and the DNA-tampering results in much tantalizing music. Dub-oriented cuts by Bus and Fenin dip into innocuousness, but they're the exception. More typical of Hitek is Thomas Fehlmann's sparse, processional ambient dub that's suffused in funereal ambience, spotlighting a compelling tension between heaviness and lightness.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player