Various Artists At Home In A Fragile State
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Slip ‘n‘ Slide
Fragile State-both the collaboration and the headspace-is the former project of Zero 7‘s Neil Cowley and producer/journalist Ben Mynott. Now Mynott goes solo with a home-listening compilation of largely unknown artists-a testament to the years Mynott spent as a music writer. His collection simultaneously mines the neo-lounge model and moves beyond it. Fragile State‘s influence wafts through the Rhodes keyboard lines of "Standstill" (from Zero 7-soundalikes Hardkandy) and the broken beat "Generations." But other tracks catch the ear pleasurably off guard: Digitone‘s eerie, crystalline "Seraphim," or "Sailor" by Hem, a teardrop-beautiful vocal lullaby that‘ll have you reaching for a cup of chamomile tea.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player