Various Artists How to Kill The DJ [Part Two]
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Tigersushi
How to Kill the DJ [Part Two] chronicles the diversity of Scottish DJs Twitch and Jonnie Wilkes, who run club night Optimo. It‘s a little bit goth/synth (Laibach, Depeche Mode), a little club classics ("Can U Feel It," Loose Joints), and a bit of punk (The Cramps, Revolting Cocks) tied together by minimal techno from the likes of Akufen, Villalobos, and Harco Pront; a second CD features obscure jams from Bush Tetras, Nouvelle Vague, and Arthur Russell. This isn‘t your average hands-in-the-air affair-it‘s a peaked-and-valleyed mix for those who require DJs to show context...and the depth of their record collections. Experienced record weasels need only apply.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player