Various Artists Idjut Boys: Press Play
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: Tirk
The Idjut Boys are often seen as the DJ's DJs in much the same way as Harvey is-and Harvey's a DJ whose musical footsteps they clearly follow in. Compiled exclusively from their own re-edits, this collection shines with inspiring choices from dance music's past and present. The modern electronic boogie of Lindstrom & Prins Thomas sits next to Kitty Grant's well-pitched cover of Chas Kankel's "Glad To Know You." Etta James' fantastic "All The Way Down" synchs into Plantlife's cosmic Prince-isms on "Love Me Till It Hurts." A truly glorious selection.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player