Various Artists Iller Sessions
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Bomb Hip-Hop
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Seattle’s Iller clothing and San Francisco’s Bomb Hip-Hop imprint unite here for a compilation centered around good old-fashioned beats and rhymes. While there’s no blatant concept to this disc, the true-school sound reigns supreme. The consistency can be attributed to the frequent production of Bean One (Luckyiam, Jurassic 5, Supernatural) and an assembly of “keep it true” acts, which includes golden-era greats (Black Sheep, Large Professor) and a few new-school MCs (Ra Scion, TruFam) as well. Bean One and Company occasionally throw a curve ball, like on Dyme Def’s hyphy-flavored single “Rebel2TheGrain,” but those looking for next-level material might want to keep searching.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- MP3Rhythm Operator "Mind Wave"
- NewsStream Massimiliano Pagliara's New LP for Live at Robert Johnson
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player