Various Artists Iller Sessions
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Bomb Hip-Hop
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Seattle’s Iller clothing and San Francisco’s Bomb Hip-Hop imprint unite here for a compilation centered around good old-fashioned beats and rhymes. While there’s no blatant concept to this disc, the true-school sound reigns supreme. The consistency can be attributed to the frequent production of Bean One (Luckyiam, Jurassic 5, Supernatural) and an assembly of “keep it true” acts, which includes golden-era greats (Black Sheep, Large Professor) and a few new-school MCs (Ra Scion, TruFam) as well. Bean One and Company occasionally throw a curve ball, like on Dyme Def’s hyphy-flavored single “Rebel2TheGrain,” but those looking for next-level material might want to keep searching.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player