Various Artists The Incredible Melting Man: A Year In Review
- Words: Melissa Wheeler
- Label: 2Wars + A Revolution
What a lovely way to make the neighbors complain! With bass that ranges from large and pooling, like on DJ Scissorkicks's remix "Red Skull," to the contained, cascading throb of Subtropic's "Black Velvet," this breaks comp plays like a primer on the versatility of low-end. Remixes and tracks by Hatiras, the Phat Conductor and Myagi punched up with propulsive breakbeats make for an energetic ride. Did I mention it comes with an 11-track bonus disc mixed by D-monic? True.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player