Various Artists Irma on Canvas: Exhibition #2
- Words: Dan Sicko
- Label: Irma
Having heard the excellent Volcov-compiled Irma compilation' had high hopes for Irma's latest release. It's not quite as accessible, but chances are that's where the Exhibition title comes in. Repeat listens provided a better view of its broad scope and more adventurous nature. Whereas Volcov's genius was in juxtapositions, Exhibition #2 seems like the efforts of a thorough "dig," as sublime remixes of Nubian Mindz and the Easy Access Orchestra cozy up next to the likes of Tibet's United Peace Voices and Japan's Soul Bossa Trio. It's almost frustrating the way these songs seem so unique in their own right, yet share space with each other so well. It's all down to Irma and the breathing room they give the material. Give this exhibition the same courtesy.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player