Various Artists It's a Berlin Thing Vol. 2
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Dangerous Drums
If the first volume of this series from last year didn't put the world on notice about Berlin hometown's exploding beat culture, this 30-track double-CD will leave no doubt that the city's truly on fire. Though Dangerous Drum's focus since it's '01 birth has ostensibly been on uptempo breakbeat, It's a Berlin Thing Vol. 2 runs the gamut from power-breaks (ed2000 and Circuit Breaker's remix of Sir Real's "Boingers") to electro (Doigts de Poisson & Deckart's "Troubled Guirars" and DJ Vela's "Ol Witch's Jig"), to dubby and groovy breaks (Ekkotrooperz' "Roll the Bass" and Crash House Brothers' "Crash House"), to downtempo (WIPPKRIEM's "Tears"), to spoken word (Jammin' Unit vs. Sketch's "Magnetic") and much more. Think of the exploratory spirit of such legendary comps as the Kickin label's Elements of Jazz or Stud!o K7's Freestyle Files, then ponder the fact that all of the artists on this comp live within a bus ride from each other.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player