Various Artists James Lavelle: Romania
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Global Underground
Taking time off from his latest U.N.K.L.E. project with partner Richard File, James Lavelle returns to the GU series with a diverse follow-up to 2002's Barcelona mix project. Taking inspiration from Bucharest this time around, the Mo' Wax label boss trips through an eclectic landscape of breakbeat, techno and trip-hop atmospheres courtesy of artists like Queens of the Stone Age, Derrick Carter, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin and Chemical Brothers. While the programming may frustrate the casual listener-who is doubtlessly expecting something with "progressive" in the title-fans of Lavelle will find themselves right at home.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player