Various Artists James Lavelle: Romania
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Global Underground
Taking time off from his latest U.N.K.L.E. project with partner Richard File, James Lavelle returns to the GU series with a diverse follow-up to 2002's Barcelona mix project. Taking inspiration from Bucharest this time around, the Mo' Wax label boss trips through an eclectic landscape of breakbeat, techno and trip-hop atmospheres courtesy of artists like Queens of the Stone Age, Derrick Carter, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin and Chemical Brothers. While the programming may frustrate the casual listener-who is doubtlessly expecting something with "progressive" in the title-fans of Lavelle will find themselves right at home.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player