Various Artists James Lavelle: Romania
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Global Underground
Taking time off from his latest U.N.K.L.E. project with partner Richard File, James Lavelle returns to the GU series with a diverse follow-up to 2002's Barcelona mix project. Taking inspiration from Bucharest this time around, the Mo' Wax label boss trips through an eclectic landscape of breakbeat, techno and trip-hop atmospheres courtesy of artists like Queens of the Stone Age, Derrick Carter, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin and Chemical Brothers. While the programming may frustrate the casual listener-who is doubtlessly expecting something with "progressive" in the title-fans of Lavelle will find themselves right at home.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player