Various Artists James Lavelle: Romania
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Global Underground
Taking time off from his latest U.N.K.L.E. project with partner Richard File, James Lavelle returns to the GU series with a diverse follow-up to 2002's Barcelona mix project. Taking inspiration from Bucharest this time around, the Mo' Wax label boss trips through an eclectic landscape of breakbeat, techno and trip-hop atmospheres courtesy of artists like Queens of the Stone Age, Derrick Carter, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin and Chemical Brothers. While the programming may frustrate the casual listener-who is doubtlessly expecting something with "progressive" in the title-fans of Lavelle will find themselves right at home.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player