Various Artists Jazz in the House 11: Compiled and Mixed By Phil Asher
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Slip'n'Slide
In a scene where compilations fall by the wayside, it's refreshing to see a series make it to their 11th installment. Kiss-100 DJ and producer Phil Asher (a.k.a. Focus) has selected a variety of underground staples and high-profile recent classics, which all find sanctuary under the banner of "jazz-influenced house." Although the Shelter Vocal of Mondo Grosso's "Star Suite" clocks in at nearly fifteen minutes, its distinctive Eastern flute, joyful keys and narrative guardian angel vocals justify its inclusion. Kenny Dope's remix of Nathan Haines featuring Shelley Nelson's "Believe" sees MAW's plumper half in fine form, with its unrivalled percussion, sentimental organ and dripping keys. Overall, some far reaching garage.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player