Various Artists Jeremy P. Caulfield: Detached Works 
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Dumb-Unit
Since 2000, Toronto native Jeremy Caulfield has been championing challenging minimal techno via his Dumb-Unit company. While this imprint hasn't garnered the hipster cachet of other labels of comparable quality, its track record is among the strongest in the world. Detached Works  is a double-barreled salvo of pelvis-swiveling minimal techno that reasserts just how excellent Caulfield's reign as producer, DJ, and A&R man has been. Disc One offers a sampling of D-U's hottest specimens from the last two years. Thoroughbred minimalist producers like Butane, Sweet N Candy, Alejandro Vivanco, and Caulfield himself explore the quirky and the scientific with equal fervor. The results strike a balance between Orac's and Perlon's hedonistic yet rigorous aesthetics. Disc Two finds Caulfield mixing 21 tracks from his pals (including Osvaldo, Barem, Franco Cinelli, and Italoboyz), straight from the techno illuminati's private stashes. It's all deep, strange, aerodynamic, and zipping-down-the-Autobahn fantastic.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player