Various Artists Junior Kelly, Bounty Killa, Capleton: The Good, The Bad & The Blazing
- Words: Araya Crosskill
- Label: Minor7Flat5
Every now and again, a reggae album comes along that‘s so damn tuff even the Ashlee Simpson fan at work want a borrows. And this is one of ‘em. Starring Kelly as the good, Killa as the bad, and Capleton as a surprisingly chilled out fyah man, the concept disc is a mix of love songs, gun pon finger diatribes, and anti-shitstem tunes done over riddims rookie dancehall acts never get to ride. Question your own sense of decency when Killa‘s hypnotic verse on the drum & bass-driven "Hey Yo Yallo" inspires you to pack heat.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player