Various Artists Kanzleramt Volume 5
- Words: Richard Brophy
- Label: Kanzleramt
Unlike many German labels, Kanzleramt hasn‘t suddenly gone the electro-house or minimal route. On this fifth compilation, mixed by Heiko Laux, the label‘s back catalog shows that it‘s still fusing dynamic techno structures with a deep sense of musicality. The first half of the CD embraces warm textures, eerie sounds, and jazzy inflections from Ian O‘Brien and Offshore Funk. Fabrice Lig and Querida‘s percussive contributions and HLX‘s 303-led "Granulate Three" up the tempo and mark the changeover to visceral techno as the mix climaxes to the sound of Diego and Ray Kajioka‘s firing, grinding contributions.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player