Various Artists King Britt Presents The Cosmic Lounge Volume 1
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: BBE-Rapster
Philadelphian King Britt is one of those rare musical figures known as much for taste-making as his own productions. He relies on the former for this remarkable collection, pulled from 30 years of free-jazz. In at attempt to connect African heritage in jazz through non-linear soundscapes, the opening spoken-word manifesto of Herbie Hancock's "Kawaida" sets the tone for the explosive guitars of Mtume, the native rhythms of Don Cherry, and the sweet chaos of Flora Purim. Doug & Jean Carn's closing, heartfelt "Naima" is an exquisite lullaby to quiet the storm. Make no mistake: This is a cosmic head trip if ever one existed-straight from the soul.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player