Various Artists Kitsuné Maison Compilation
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Kitsuné
Always ambitiously themed, here‘s another comp from Parisian fashion/Art/music clusterfuck Kitsuné. This time around, the theme is "home" and, evidently, their friends-the accompanying fold out booklet displays 461 of the label‘s friends rendered in perfectly imperfect hand drawn portraits. Mind, it‘s not quite translated into the music, an orgy of ‘80s-loving dancefloor destroyers with inspired efforts from usual suspects Tom Vek, Hot Chip, Tomboy, Digitalism, and VHS Or Beta. A good listen, yet one in which the House of Fashion trumps all.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player