Various Artists Kitsuné Maison Compilation
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Kitsuné
Always ambitiously themed, here‘s another comp from Parisian fashion/Art/music clusterfuck Kitsuné. This time around, the theme is "home" and, evidently, their friends-the accompanying fold out booklet displays 461 of the label‘s friends rendered in perfectly imperfect hand drawn portraits. Mind, it‘s not quite translated into the music, an orgy of ‘80s-loving dancefloor destroyers with inspired efforts from usual suspects Tom Vek, Hot Chip, Tomboy, Digitalism, and VHS Or Beta. A good listen, yet one in which the House of Fashion trumps all.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player