Various Artists Laurent Garnier & Carl Craig: The Kings of Techno
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: BBE-Rapster
Anyone who follows BBE's The Kings of series knows it's more like the "whatever the artist feels like" series. On the techno installation, Laurent Garnier, arguably the most fearless techno DJ on the planet, selects Aretha Franklin and The Temptations as historically relevant forerunners (but honestly, who would buy this comp if they truly needed a history lesson?). In an affectionate move, Craig and Garnier each select a track from the other (Garnier and Shazz's "Acid Eiffel," and Craig's "No More Words"). This, at least, feels appropriate, since "Acid Eiffel" still ranks as one of the definitive acid tracks of all time.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player