Various Artists Laurent Garnier & Carl Craig: The Kings of Techno
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: BBE-Rapster
Anyone who follows BBE's The Kings of series knows it's more like the "whatever the artist feels like" series. On the techno installation, Laurent Garnier, arguably the most fearless techno DJ on the planet, selects Aretha Franklin and The Temptations as historically relevant forerunners (but honestly, who would buy this comp if they truly needed a history lesson?). In an affectionate move, Craig and Garnier each select a track from the other (Garnier and Shazz's "Acid Eiffel," and Craig's "No More Words"). This, at least, feels appropriate, since "Acid Eiffel" still ranks as one of the definitive acid tracks of all time.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player