Various Artists Laurent Garnier & Carl Craig: The Kings of Techno
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: BBE-Rapster
Anyone who follows BBE's The Kings of series knows it's more like the "whatever the artist feels like" series. On the techno installation, Laurent Garnier, arguably the most fearless techno DJ on the planet, selects Aretha Franklin and The Temptations as historically relevant forerunners (but honestly, who would buy this comp if they truly needed a history lesson?). In an affectionate move, Craig and Garnier each select a track from the other (Garnier and Shazz's "Acid Eiffel," and Craig's "No More Words"). This, at least, feels appropriate, since "Acid Eiffel" still ranks as one of the definitive acid tracks of all time.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsApplescal Readies 'Mirage' EP for Atomnation, Shares New Track
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player