Various Artists Laurent Garnier & Carl Craig: The Kings of Techno
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: BBE-Rapster
Anyone who follows BBE's The Kings of series knows it's more like the "whatever the artist feels like" series. On the techno installation, Laurent Garnier, arguably the most fearless techno DJ on the planet, selects Aretha Franklin and The Temptations as historically relevant forerunners (but honestly, who would buy this comp if they truly needed a history lesson?). In an affectionate move, Craig and Garnier each select a track from the other (Garnier and Shazz's "Acid Eiffel," and Craig's "No More Words"). This, at least, feels appropriate, since "Acid Eiffel" still ranks as one of the definitive acid tracks of all time.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player