Various Artists Lusine: Podgelism
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ghostly
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
As Lusine, producer Jeff McIlwain has made a name for himself within the pop ambient world, but his Podgelism remixes are in an entirely different league. Featuring a stunning array of producers, from techno stalwart John Tejada to BPitch's Apparat to Ghostly's own Matthew Dear, this eclectic compilation unfolds with the grace of a track-to-track mixtape. While each piece contains layer upon layer of calming synth pads, it's the glitch-and-chop percussion of Cepia's "Flat" that gives Lusine's textures a brand new life.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player