Various Artists Mad Professor: Method to the Madness
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Sanctuary-Ariwa
Neil Fraser, the legendary British dubmaster known as The Mad Professor, started with a four-track setup in his living room circa 1979. With decades of experience under his belt, it‘s not surprising that the double-disc set Method To The Madness is a comprehensive listen. Split into one disc of his Ariwa label‘s classics and a second disc of Mad Prof pop remixes, you get a clear impact of how his madness spread from reggae into other genres. Although it boasts names such as Perry Farrell, Massive Attack, and Jamiroquai, it‘s the lesser-known artists that are this compilation‘s true gems. Songs like Sandra Cross‘ wistful digital roots tune "Country Living" reflect the insightfulness that has made Fraser a dub icon.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player