Various Artists Mad Professor: Method to the Madness
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Sanctuary-Ariwa
Neil Fraser, the legendary British dubmaster known as The Mad Professor, started with a four-track setup in his living room circa 1979. With decades of experience under his belt, it‘s not surprising that the double-disc set Method To The Madness is a comprehensive listen. Split into one disc of his Ariwa label‘s classics and a second disc of Mad Prof pop remixes, you get a clear impact of how his madness spread from reggae into other genres. Although it boasts names such as Perry Farrell, Massive Attack, and Jamiroquai, it‘s the lesser-known artists that are this compilation‘s true gems. Songs like Sandra Cross‘ wistful digital roots tune "Country Living" reflect the insightfulness that has made Fraser a dub icon.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player