Various Artists Âme...Mixing
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Sonar Kollektiv
Jazzanova's Sonar Kollektiv imprint has flourished since its inception nearly a decade ago, and their newest mixed comp is a fine example of why: Âme's Kristian Beyer and Frank Wiedemann pluck their tracks from the very community of electronic peers that the Kollektiv has helped foster. Chateau Flight's "Baroque" showcases I:Cube and Gilb'r in a hip-twerking, Detroit-kissed tech-house mood, while the exceptional Lucien Nicolet demonstrates his lush, deeply rhythmic techno production skills on "Flashback 86." Mixing fuses good vibes with good tunes: Like, if these guys are going for a pint afterwards, you most definitely want to join.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player