Various Artists Midnight Soul
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Kinky Sweet
If veteran San Francicso DJ Tom Thump‘s intention on Midnight Soul was to bring some tasteful tracks to the Buddha Bar lounge crowd, he‘s succeeded in spades. While only a few cuts (Kaskade‘s "Let You Go" and the Peter Malick/Norah Jones joint) scream fashion stilettos and fruity martinis, the rest of two discs reads like a who‘s who from Groove or Goya Distribution‘s new releases list. Exclusives like Alison Crockett‘s "UR" remixed by Yam Who? sit snugly next to bangers by Platinum Pied Pipers, Mark de Clive-Lowe, and Lizz Fields. This is exactly what I want to be hearing ‘round midnight.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player