Various Artists Midnight Soul
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Kinky Sweet
If veteran San Francicso DJ Tom Thump‘s intention on Midnight Soul was to bring some tasteful tracks to the Buddha Bar lounge crowd, he‘s succeeded in spades. While only a few cuts (Kaskade‘s "Let You Go" and the Peter Malick/Norah Jones joint) scream fashion stilettos and fruity martinis, the rest of two discs reads like a who‘s who from Groove or Goya Distribution‘s new releases list. Exclusives like Alison Crockett‘s "UR" remixed by Yam Who? sit snugly next to bangers by Platinum Pied Pipers, Mark de Clive-Lowe, and Lizz Fields. This is exactly what I want to be hearing ‘round midnight.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player