Various Artists Minimize to Maximize
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Minus
Whereas the standard compilation sits back and cashes in on past highlights, M2M maintains the Minus dictum of focusing on forward progression. Each of these 11 cuts is an exclusive contribution from the label‘s impressive talent pool, offering a vivid scan of the global collective in motion. Niederflur, I.A. Bericochea, Slacknoise, and label-direktor Plastikman deliver big on the minimal techno end, while the funk factor gets properly bumped by False, Magda, Run Stop Restore, Dinky Dog, and Marc Houle. Mat Jonson gets his electro swerve on, but it‘s newcomer Heartthrob who just slam-dunks it with some especially infectious, bass-casting tech-house.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player