Various Artists Minimize to Maximize
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Minus
Whereas the standard compilation sits back and cashes in on past highlights, M2M maintains the Minus dictum of focusing on forward progression. Each of these 11 cuts is an exclusive contribution from the label‘s impressive talent pool, offering a vivid scan of the global collective in motion. Niederflur, I.A. Bericochea, Slacknoise, and label-direktor Plastikman deliver big on the minimal techno end, while the funk factor gets properly bumped by False, Magda, Run Stop Restore, Dinky Dog, and Marc Houle. Mat Jonson gets his electro swerve on, but it‘s newcomer Heartthrob who just slam-dunks it with some especially infectious, bass-casting tech-house.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player