Various Artists Motown Remixed Vol. 2
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Motown
Considering the size of Motown's archives, remixes are inevitable. Luckily, the original material's often so good that even mediocre producers could fare well-and this Latin-meets-Motown lineup is anything but mediocre. "Shotgun," from Jr. Walker & the All Stars, gets a Los Amigos Invisibles mix that strips down much of the track and turns up its drums. Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" goes house in a Fun Machine mix, and two Jackson Five remixes ("I Want You Back" in a reggaeton take and the horn-driven Miami mix of "Dancing Machine") show why it's so tragic that Michael Jackson has gone off the rails. With results this good, Vol. 3 is a virtual certainty.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player