Various Artists Movements
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Perfect Toy
Throw a rock and you‘ll hit a dozen comps loaded with modern-day James Brown imitators or deservedly forgotten vintage funk. On a lucky day you‘ll hit Movements, which resurrects 14 true gems that saw life only on 45s and in print runs in the hundreds. B.B. Brown‘s "I Weep" is a funk/soul burner that should replace tired Motown hits on the radio, while Dr. Oliver‘s "Soul Popcorn Pts. 1 & 2" stitches together a lost shouter into a true frenzy. The ladies get theirs here too, led by Sheila Skipworth‘s organ-and-flute jam "Look What You Done To Me."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player