Various Artists Movements
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Perfect Toy
Throw a rock and you‘ll hit a dozen comps loaded with modern-day James Brown imitators or deservedly forgotten vintage funk. On a lucky day you‘ll hit Movements, which resurrects 14 true gems that saw life only on 45s and in print runs in the hundreds. B.B. Brown‘s "I Weep" is a funk/soul burner that should replace tired Motown hits on the radio, while Dr. Oliver‘s "Soul Popcorn Pts. 1 & 2" stitches together a lost shouter into a true frenzy. The ladies get theirs here too, led by Sheila Skipworth‘s organ-and-flute jam "Look What You Done To Me."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player