Various Artists Movements
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Perfect Toy
Throw a rock and you‘ll hit a dozen comps loaded with modern-day James Brown imitators or deservedly forgotten vintage funk. On a lucky day you‘ll hit Movements, which resurrects 14 true gems that saw life only on 45s and in print runs in the hundreds. B.B. Brown‘s "I Weep" is a funk/soul burner that should replace tired Motown hits on the radio, while Dr. Oliver‘s "Soul Popcorn Pts. 1 & 2" stitches together a lost shouter into a true frenzy. The ladies get theirs here too, led by Sheila Skipworth‘s organ-and-flute jam "Look What You Done To Me."
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player