Various Artists Movern Callar O.S.T.
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Warp
Mirroring the mixtape left for Samantha Morton (Scottish film Morvern Callar's protagonist) by her boyfriend just before he commits suicide, the soundtrack to Morvern Callar is obviously more than your usual promotion filler. And, more than just an interesting, seldom-used method to develop an absent character, this integral soundtrack to the very talented Brit Lynne Ramsay's most recent film-which delivers clubland its first and long-overdue smart and credible dramatization-is one of the best pop soundtracks I've ever heard. A partial roll call: Can, Lee Perry, Boards of Canada, Lee Hazlewood, Broadcast, Ween, plus rarities from Aphex Twin, Velvet Underground and Holger Czukay. A bona fide pop soundtrack that strays from the middle-at long last!
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player