Various Artists Movern Callar O.S.T.
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Warp
Mirroring the mixtape left for Samantha Morton (Scottish film Morvern Callar's protagonist) by her boyfriend just before he commits suicide, the soundtrack to Morvern Callar is obviously more than your usual promotion filler. And, more than just an interesting, seldom-used method to develop an absent character, this integral soundtrack to the very talented Brit Lynne Ramsay's most recent film-which delivers clubland its first and long-overdue smart and credible dramatization-is one of the best pop soundtracks I've ever heard. A partial roll call: Can, Lee Perry, Boards of Canada, Lee Hazlewood, Broadcast, Ween, plus rarities from Aphex Twin, Velvet Underground and Holger Czukay. A bona fide pop soundtrack that strays from the middle-at long last!
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player