Various Artists Movern Callar O.S.T.
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Warp
Mirroring the mixtape left for Samantha Morton (Scottish film Morvern Callar's protagonist) by her boyfriend just before he commits suicide, the soundtrack to Morvern Callar is obviously more than your usual promotion filler. And, more than just an interesting, seldom-used method to develop an absent character, this integral soundtrack to the very talented Brit Lynne Ramsay's most recent film-which delivers clubland its first and long-overdue smart and credible dramatization-is one of the best pop soundtracks I've ever heard. A partial roll call: Can, Lee Perry, Boards of Canada, Lee Hazlewood, Broadcast, Ween, plus rarities from Aphex Twin, Velvet Underground and Holger Czukay. A bona fide pop soundtrack that strays from the middle-at long last!
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player