Various Artists New York Noise Vol. 3: 1979-1984
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Soul Jazz
The third installation in the New York Noise series showcases, well, the noisier side of early no wave. Unlike the first two volumes, this chaotic dive into the era displays the antithesis of structure via feedback and drum programming from experimental icons like Martin Rev, Ike Yard, and Ut. As on the first two collections, every artist chosen illuminates the touchstones from which modern genre-bending punks received their inspiration. As such, this look into the roots of post-everything music could easily act as a history lesson as well as a Brooklyn party favorite.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player