Various Artists New York Noise Vol. 3: 1979-1984
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Soul Jazz
The third installation in the New York Noise series showcases, well, the noisier side of early no wave. Unlike the first two volumes, this chaotic dive into the era displays the antithesis of structure via feedback and drum programming from experimental icons like Martin Rev, Ike Yard, and Ut. As on the first two collections, every artist chosen illuminates the touchstones from which modern genre-bending punks received their inspiration. As such, this look into the roots of post-everything music could easily act as a history lesson as well as a Brooklyn party favorite.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player