Various Artists New York Noise Vol. 3: 1979-1984
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Soul Jazz
The third installation in the New York Noise series showcases, well, the noisier side of early no wave. Unlike the first two volumes, this chaotic dive into the era displays the antithesis of structure via feedback and drum programming from experimental icons like Martin Rev, Ike Yard, and Ut. As on the first two collections, every artist chosen illuminates the touchstones from which modern genre-bending punks received their inspiration. As such, this look into the roots of post-everything music could easily act as a history lesson as well as a Brooklyn party favorite.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player