Various Artists New Zealand in Dub
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Echo Beach
These are the sounds of paradise. On this nearly 80-minute compilation, some of New Zealand‘s top instrumentalists show us how they seamlessly meld elements of reggae, downbeat, trip-hop, and more to deliver an entirely fresh take on dub-straight out of one of the southernmost countries on the planet. Surely the lush and remote NZ environment helped inspire the inherent tranquility of these selections. And amid the chill vibe of these instrumentals, the occasional use of vocals (on "Politician," for example) proves that these sharp New Zealanders are far from being socially unaware.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player