Various Artists New Zealand in Dub
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Echo Beach
These are the sounds of paradise. On this nearly 80-minute compilation, some of New Zealand‘s top instrumentalists show us how they seamlessly meld elements of reggae, downbeat, trip-hop, and more to deliver an entirely fresh take on dub-straight out of one of the southernmost countries on the planet. Surely the lush and remote NZ environment helped inspire the inherent tranquility of these selections. And amid the chill vibe of these instrumentals, the occasional use of vocals (on "Politician," for example) proves that these sharp New Zealanders are far from being socially unaware.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player