Various Artists Newsoundtheory Vol. 2
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Basiclux
Newsoundtheory Vol. 2 isn't electronica, it isn't downtempo: it's "nu-lounge," which doesn't so much refer to the bpms as the general vibe of tracks by Goldlust, Lumiere and Chris Brann. That said, these 17 tracks sound mainly like languid, smoothed-out disco house-the soundtrack to one of those high-end bars where cocktails have names like the Mokatini and long-haired girls in expensive shoes flit about the room. There's a fine line between this so-called nu-lounge and easy listening-they both use a lot of the same aural relaxation techniques-but sometimes there's nothing wrong with music even a mother could love.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player