Various Artists Newsoundtheory Vol. 2
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Basiclux
Newsoundtheory Vol. 2 isn't electronica, it isn't downtempo: it's "nu-lounge," which doesn't so much refer to the bpms as the general vibe of tracks by Goldlust, Lumiere and Chris Brann. That said, these 17 tracks sound mainly like languid, smoothed-out disco house-the soundtrack to one of those high-end bars where cocktails have names like the Mokatini and long-haired girls in expensive shoes flit about the room. There's a fine line between this so-called nu-lounge and easy listening-they both use a lot of the same aural relaxation techniques-but sometimes there's nothing wrong with music even a mother could love.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player