Various Artists Newsoundtheory Vol. 2
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Basiclux
Newsoundtheory Vol. 2 isn't electronica, it isn't downtempo: it's "nu-lounge," which doesn't so much refer to the bpms as the general vibe of tracks by Goldlust, Lumiere and Chris Brann. That said, these 17 tracks sound mainly like languid, smoothed-out disco house-the soundtrack to one of those high-end bars where cocktails have names like the Mokatini and long-haired girls in expensive shoes flit about the room. There's a fine line between this so-called nu-lounge and easy listening-they both use a lot of the same aural relaxation techniques-but sometimes there's nothing wrong with music even a mother could love.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player