Various Artists Newsoundtheory Vol. 2
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Basiclux
Newsoundtheory Vol. 2 isn't electronica, it isn't downtempo: it's "nu-lounge," which doesn't so much refer to the bpms as the general vibe of tracks by Goldlust, Lumiere and Chris Brann. That said, these 17 tracks sound mainly like languid, smoothed-out disco house-the soundtrack to one of those high-end bars where cocktails have names like the Mokatini and long-haired girls in expensive shoes flit about the room. There's a fine line between this so-called nu-lounge and easy listening-they both use a lot of the same aural relaxation techniques-but sometimes there's nothing wrong with music even a mother could love.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player