Various Artists Nickodemus and Mariano Present Turntables On The Hudson Vol. 6 (Remix)
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Wonderwheel
Nickodemus and Mariano's riverside soirée has always been a community affair. Hoisted upon the sails of a converted tugboat, TOTH has been New York's top Friday night hang for six years. To celebrate, a host of friends contribute remixes of tracks from the first five editions of this compilation series. Regular guest DJ Sabo drops a bangin', bass-loaded intro entitled "Sixtro" with TOTH percussionist Nappy G behind the mic and timbales. Local dubsters Beat Pharmacy refreak "Jump" while Dublex Inc. tweaks the already stellar "Free Souls." Latin and Middle Eastern vibes abound; Candela All-Stars find themselves in good hands with Matthias Heilbron, and Nicko joins Matt Stein on "Faruk's Funk," a killer slice of Arabica from legendary ney player Omar Faruk Tekbilek. Chillfreeze and Radio Mundial's Jean Shepherd round out this impressive roster. By the closing track, "The Circle" (Zeb's throbbing mantra touched up by Jugoe), this stereo journey proves as danceable and personal as the party itself.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player