Various Artists Noches de Hip-Hop
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Immergent
With reggaeton and Latin music getting ubiquitous, the appearance of quickie compilations with churned-out tracks is inevitable. Happily, this is not one of those. Instead, Noches, including new and established Latin hip-hop artists, features polished and consistent tracks. Malverde‘s blazing "Oye Mami" and Cultura Londres‘ downtempo-leaning "Good Times" both stand out for mixing Spanish lyrics over tracks that expertly blend Latin and Anglo influences. On the slowed-down "Sigo," Crooked Stilo even uses the Colombian folk rhythm, cumbia-impressive, considering the bouncy cumbia doesn‘t exactly scream street. The album brings plenty of such rewards.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player