Various Artists Noches de Hip-Hop
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Immergent
With reggaeton and Latin music getting ubiquitous, the appearance of quickie compilations with churned-out tracks is inevitable. Happily, this is not one of those. Instead, Noches, including new and established Latin hip-hop artists, features polished and consistent tracks. Malverde‘s blazing "Oye Mami" and Cultura Londres‘ downtempo-leaning "Good Times" both stand out for mixing Spanish lyrics over tracks that expertly blend Latin and Anglo influences. On the slowed-down "Sigo," Crooked Stilo even uses the Colombian folk rhythm, cumbia-impressive, considering the bouncy cumbia doesn‘t exactly scream street. The album brings plenty of such rewards.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player