Various Artists Noches de Hip-Hop
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Immergent
With reggaeton and Latin music getting ubiquitous, the appearance of quickie compilations with churned-out tracks is inevitable. Happily, this is not one of those. Instead, Noches, including new and established Latin hip-hop artists, features polished and consistent tracks. Malverde‘s blazing "Oye Mami" and Cultura Londres‘ downtempo-leaning "Good Times" both stand out for mixing Spanish lyrics over tracks that expertly blend Latin and Anglo influences. On the slowed-down "Sigo," Crooked Stilo even uses the Colombian folk rhythm, cumbia-impressive, considering the bouncy cumbia doesn‘t exactly scream street. The album brings plenty of such rewards.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player