Various Artists Peppered With Spastic Magic: A Selection Of Remixes By Two Lone Swordsmen
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Rotters Gold Club
Even if UK pop bands like Texas and Starsailor are aware that their songs have been remixed by Two Lone Swordmen, it's doubtful they would recognize any semblance of their own work after it's gone back and forth through their two-man mangle. The same applies to the majority of tracks here-Weatherall and Tenniswood simply sound like no one else. So, essentially, Peppered With Spastic Magic is a compilation of Two Lone Swordsmen (and Rude Solo) material old, new and previously hard to find. It's certain to please their many fans, and it gets better-this is the first of three volumes.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player