Various Artists Poker Flat Vol. 5: Beats N Bluffs
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Poker Flat
Here to show off what the Poker Flat crew has been up to, Steve Bug compiles a CD containing the essence of this past season's top releases as well as a taste of what the future has to offer. From quirky soundscapes and funk-driven hip shakers to trippy bare minimalism and skeletal arrangements, the album covers a full range of what forward-thinking electronic music sounds like. As a bonus, a second CD containing a mix from Martin Landsky arranges released and unreleased material from Trentemøller, Martini Bros, Guido Schneider, and Tazmann into a cutting-edge minimal masterpiece.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player