Various Artists Pop Ambient 2005
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Kompakt
Since 2001, Kompakt has been franchising the most beautiful sounds next to silence-respect to any company that can turn on thousands to rarefied beatless music. Kompakt‘s potent name recognition means loads of folks can access yearly primers of top-shelf ambience from trusty producers like Gas, Markus Guentner, and Peter Grummich. Lulling lavender odes to amniotic tranquility prevail on Pop Ambient 2005, but Klimek brings some amazing guitar-chord dispersion that shimmers like a heat haze and Thomas Fehlmann rises above a strong lineup with a track of iceberg-like majesty, which drifts into this pantheon of slow-motion drone beauty.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player