Various Artists Post Office 2
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Telegraph
Since we're talking about a French 12" minimal techno label and its second compilation, here's a daft comparison: if Post Office 2 were a wine, it would be a dry white Bordeaux. Punchy and crisp, Post Office 2 sits well with sassier Perlon and flashier Playhouse releases, featuring bass-y unreleased cuts by old hands Ben Neville ("Kidlins"), Dandy Jack ("Le Serpent Qui Danse"), and Ricardo Villalobos ("Something"), as well as future artists Bidul, Run Stop Restore and Spasm. Although its throbbing minimal techno aromas likely won't age well, Post Office 2 should be drinking quite fine for the next year.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player