Various Artists Post Office 2
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Telegraph
Since we're talking about a French 12" minimal techno label and its second compilation, here's a daft comparison: if Post Office 2 were a wine, it would be a dry white Bordeaux. Punchy and crisp, Post Office 2 sits well with sassier Perlon and flashier Playhouse releases, featuring bass-y unreleased cuts by old hands Ben Neville ("Kidlins"), Dandy Jack ("Le Serpent Qui Danse"), and Ricardo Villalobos ("Something"), as well as future artists Bidul, Run Stop Restore and Spasm. Although its throbbing minimal techno aromas likely won't age well, Post Office 2 should be drinking quite fine for the next year.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player