Various Artists Post Office 2
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Telegraph
Since we're talking about a French 12" minimal techno label and its second compilation, here's a daft comparison: if Post Office 2 were a wine, it would be a dry white Bordeaux. Punchy and crisp, Post Office 2 sits well with sassier Perlon and flashier Playhouse releases, featuring bass-y unreleased cuts by old hands Ben Neville ("Kidlins"), Dandy Jack ("Le Serpent Qui Danse"), and Ricardo Villalobos ("Something"), as well as future artists Bidul, Run Stop Restore and Spasm. Although its throbbing minimal techno aromas likely won't age well, Post Office 2 should be drinking quite fine for the next year.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player