Various Artists Radio Slave: Creature of the Night
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Eskimo
Under his Radio Slave guise, Matt Edwards is the master of the remix. On Creature of the Night, the slave-keeper pulls out an Excalibur of post-disco hymns (most of which he reworked himself) that recall the 2 a.m. underground-a leap from his recent Kylie Minogue remixes. Edwards covers a lot of territory on this mixtape, with tracks from The Kills, Ricardo Villalobos, and an un-tampered version of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night." While this mix is much more minimal than productions under his Rekid moniker, Edwards' attention to simplicity goes just as far in his DJing as it does his futuristic compositions.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player