Various Artists Radio Slave: Creature of the Nigh
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Eskim
Under his Radio Slave guise, Matt Edwards is the master of the remix. On Creature of the Night, the slave-keeper pulls out an Excalibur of post-disco hymns (most of which he reworked himself) that recall the 2 a.m. underground-a leap from his recent Kylie Minogue remixes. Edwards covers a lot of territory on this mixtape, with tracks from The Kills, Ricardo Villalobos, and an un-tampered version of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night." While this mix is much more minimal than productions under his Rekid moniker, Edwards' attention to simplicity goes just as far in his DJing as it does his futuristic compositions.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player