Various Artists [Re:Jazz]
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: INFRACom!
Some labels reach 100 and uninspiringly raid their back catalog for classic cuts, while other imprints get their artists to supply "exclusive" tracks that don't always do justice to the achievement. Germany's INFRACom! have employed the Matthias Vogt trio and friends to re-arrange 13 of the label's moments in an acoustic jazz style. Aromabar's "Cupid and Orlando" is sent on a fast-paced swinging drum mission, with an astonishingly skilful sax and romantic narrating vocals. "People Come Running," originally by Taxi, waits and relaxes, courtesy of some theatrical keys, melancholic vocals and a mellow flugelhorn. DJ Matt's "The Way I Swing" is stripped down to an elegant piano, cushiony percussion and an encouraging bass. Why "re:jazz"? Jazz happens to be the essence of INFRACom!'s musical inspiration, and this idea of "re-jazzing" makes perfect sense.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player