Various Artists Read: Interpreting Bjàrk
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Hush
At one point Hush realized how insane it would be to release a Bjàrk tribute album and shelved this whole project. Turns out it's not the disastrous beast it was feared to be. Though you can't take the Bjàrk out of Bjàrk, and acoustic covers of electronic music always seem to be lacking something, Kaitlyn Ni Donovan's "The Hunter" captures the spirit of that song well; likewise Roots of Orchis's "Possibly Maybe," Death Cab crooner Ben Gibbard's "Joga" and fellow Northwesterner Bobby Birdman's "Unravel." A testament to Bjàrk's enduring songwriting and widespread popularity, these covers are more compliments than affronts.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player