Various Artists Read: Interpreting Bjàrk
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Hush
At one point Hush realized how insane it would be to release a Bjàrk tribute album and shelved this whole project. Turns out it's not the disastrous beast it was feared to be. Though you can't take the Bjàrk out of Bjàrk, and acoustic covers of electronic music always seem to be lacking something, Kaitlyn Ni Donovan's "The Hunter" captures the spirit of that song well; likewise Roots of Orchis's "Possibly Maybe," Death Cab crooner Ben Gibbard's "Joga" and fellow Northwesterner Bobby Birdman's "Unravel." A testament to Bjàrk's enduring songwriting and widespread popularity, these covers are more compliments than affronts.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player