Various Artists Read: Interpreting Bjàrk
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Hush
At one point Hush realized how insane it would be to release a Bjàrk tribute album and shelved this whole project. Turns out it's not the disastrous beast it was feared to be. Though you can't take the Bjàrk out of Bjàrk, and acoustic covers of electronic music always seem to be lacking something, Kaitlyn Ni Donovan's "The Hunter" captures the spirit of that song well; likewise Roots of Orchis's "Possibly Maybe," Death Cab crooner Ben Gibbard's "Joga" and fellow Northwesterner Bobby Birdman's "Unravel." A testament to Bjàrk's enduring songwriting and widespread popularity, these covers are more compliments than affronts.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player