Various Artists Receiving Data-Ah, It's Coming
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Sender
Covering a great deal of ground, Receiving Data is an enlightening selection of neuro-muscular stimulation from one of Germany's leading techno lights. "After Shock" marks the return of dance music veteran Baby Ford, who battles valiantly through an outer space shot through with synths and bass tremors. Sten's "Faces" sounds like the calls of a lost astronaut, with an infectious acidic bassline playing against sharpened synths and clockwork keys that back bold sci-fi strings. Elsewhere, K. Lakizz & Trike contribute "Suppress," a somber affair where shoegazing bass meets fragile percussion. This one's up there with the likes of Tresor and friends.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player