Various Artists Receiving Data-Ah, It's Coming
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Sender
Covering a great deal of ground, Receiving Data is an enlightening selection of neuro-muscular stimulation from one of Germany's leading techno lights. "After Shock" marks the return of dance music veteran Baby Ford, who battles valiantly through an outer space shot through with synths and bass tremors. Sten's "Faces" sounds like the calls of a lost astronaut, with an infectious acidic bassline playing against sharpened synths and clockwork keys that back bold sci-fi strings. Elsewhere, K. Lakizz & Trike contribute "Suppress," a somber affair where shoegazing bass meets fragile percussion. This one's up there with the likes of Tresor and friends.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player