Various Artists Receiving Data-Ah, It's Coming
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Sender
Covering a great deal of ground, Receiving Data is an enlightening selection of neuro-muscular stimulation from one of Germany's leading techno lights. "After Shock" marks the return of dance music veteran Baby Ford, who battles valiantly through an outer space shot through with synths and bass tremors. Sten's "Faces" sounds like the calls of a lost astronaut, with an infectious acidic bassline playing against sharpened synths and clockwork keys that back bold sci-fi strings. Elsewhere, K. Lakizz & Trike contribute "Suppress," a somber affair where shoegazing bass meets fragile percussion. This one's up there with the likes of Tresor and friends.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player