Various Artists Riddim Driven: Celebration & Dreamweaver
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: VP
If ya dunno dancehall nice again, just check these two riddims, sure to blaze all summer long. In the same uptempo vein as the massive Buy Out comes Celebration, where the real gems are the collaborations. Ele and Swade, Vybz Kartel and Lukie D and Zumjay and Daville all bust big, but soloists Hawkeye and Kardinal Offishal hold their own, too. The Lenky-produced Dreamweaver is a driving riddim reminiscent of Busta Rhymes' "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See," whose melody Elephant Man appropriates on "Blessed." As with Diwali, Lenky alters this riddim for each artist, making it work beautifully for all of them.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player