Various Artists Rod Lee: The Official Volume 5
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Club Kingz-Morphius Urban
One drawback to internet world-bridging is the imminent end of the already dying phenomenon of regional music genres. While a visit to Maryland is no longer necessary to experience Baltimore club, Rod Lee still runs the genre; Vol. 5 finds Lee vigorously blending his tracks with those of fellow B-more natives like DJ Technics and his 14-year-old cousin DJ Lil‘ Jay. Its future may be in Rotterdam or Osaka, but, if tracks like Technics‘ "Get Up on It" and Lee‘s bitingly truthful "Dance My Pain Away" are any indication, Baltimore club still has a lot of life in it.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player