Various Artists Run the Road
- Words: Stephen Christian
- Label: Vice
The apocalyptic sound of streetwise London youth, grime is being lauded Stateside as the next logical progression for global hip-hop. Keep in mind, these are the same people who have turned The Office into a lame NBC sitcom. Even though this comp is supposed to act as an easy-to-swallow tablet for a vibrant subculture, the music is way too next to be so packaged. From the doomhall of Kano‘s "P‘s And Q‘s" to the blistering synth-step of No Lay‘s soundgirl-crushing "Unorthodox Daughter," and the genre-framing of youngsta‘ Tinchy Stryder‘s irresistible "Move," this is a surprisingly complete collection.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player