Various Artists Saturday Morning Empires
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Intr_version
Saturday Morning Empires is a lovely compilation of slow-glazed electronics from Montreal's Intr_version. Loscil's "The Grid" has clear edges beset with icy chimes, like a brightly brittle morning after a storm-its hard, pure glint gives way to a simple guitar motif with a steady, subtly glitchy pulse. Ghislain Poirier's "300,000 Engants Soldats" contains all the stillness and sadness of a curl of steam rising from a teacup, and the Polmo Polpo track is a dream drift propelled by chipper guitar plucks. Meanwhile, Tim Hecker haunts the edges of the album with tr»s filtered guitar creep.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player