Various Artists Serge: Vintage Future
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Clone
After having made a bright, neon, air-brushed name for himself with the Box Jams comp, label boss Serge unloads his first DJ mix CD, a time-traversing primer in electro-disco that showcases exactly what makes Clone so vital. From the big guns like Legowelt and Lindstrøm to classics and rarities from Egyptian Lover and Mike Dunn, Serge's seamless and skillful contextualizing of old and new dancefloor maneuvers and Vocoder-driven monster synthesizer sounds proves an ecstatic delight. Ultimately, a testament to timeless electronic music.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player