Various Artists Serge: Vintage Future
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Clone
After having made a bright, neon, air-brushed name for himself with the Box Jams comp, label boss Serge unloads his first DJ mix CD, a time-traversing primer in electro-disco that showcases exactly what makes Clone so vital. From the big guns like Legowelt and Lindstrøm to classics and rarities from Egyptian Lover and Mike Dunn, Serge's seamless and skillful contextualizing of old and new dancefloor maneuvers and Vocoder-driven monster synthesizer sounds proves an ecstatic delight. Ultimately, a testament to timeless electronic music.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player