Various Artists Shadowmath: Vol. 2
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Fateless Music
The goal of the Fateless Flows Collective is to "incorporate differing genres in a way that generates natural symmetry and poetic flow." Unfortunately, that‘s not what happens on this comp. The relentless hammer of the album‘s more frenetic tracks (The Luxury Tax‘s "Sex Machine") is too grating and schizophrenic alongside the atmospheric soundscapes that precede it (Appogee‘s "Coral") and the naturalist compositions (Appogee‘s "KDDR mov. 2") that follow. But the skating sounds, dreamy effects and organic drums of the comp‘s closing track, Surface 10 Activity‘s "Only A World" captures the collective‘s aim.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player