Various Artists Shadowmath: Vol. 2
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Fateless Music
The goal of the Fateless Flows Collective is to "incorporate differing genres in a way that generates natural symmetry and poetic flow." Unfortunately, that‘s not what happens on this comp. The relentless hammer of the album‘s more frenetic tracks (The Luxury Tax‘s "Sex Machine") is too grating and schizophrenic alongside the atmospheric soundscapes that precede it (Appogee‘s "Coral") and the naturalist compositions (Appogee‘s "KDDR mov. 2") that follow. But the skating sounds, dreamy effects and organic drums of the comp‘s closing track, Surface 10 Activity‘s "Only A World" captures the collective‘s aim.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player