Various Artists Shadowmath: Vol. 2
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Fateless Music
The goal of the Fateless Flows Collective is to "incorporate differing genres in a way that generates natural symmetry and poetic flow." Unfortunately, that‘s not what happens on this comp. The relentless hammer of the album‘s more frenetic tracks (The Luxury Tax‘s "Sex Machine") is too grating and schizophrenic alongside the atmospheric soundscapes that precede it (Appogee‘s "Coral") and the naturalist compositions (Appogee‘s "KDDR mov. 2") that follow. But the skating sounds, dreamy effects and organic drums of the comp‘s closing track, Surface 10 Activity‘s "Only A World" captures the collective‘s aim.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player