Various Artists The Shape of Things to Come
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Ubiquity
The stock over at the West Coast‘s all-things-funky label Ubiquity has risen sharply over the past year. From the explosion of underground hip-hop hero Ohmega Watts to new releases from dancefloor hitters like Platinum Pied Pipers and Greyboy to funk/soul issues from Breakestra and Darondo, the well-established imprint seems to be going from strength to strength. The Shape of Things to Come, a download-only comp available through the label‘s website, includes all of these artists as well as newer names such as Nino Moschella, whose rickety, Prince-styled bubble-funk on "Are You For Real" proves that, for Ubiquity in ‘06, the shape of things to come is quite appealing.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player