Various Artists The Shape of Things to Come
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Ubiquity
The stock over at the West Coast‘s all-things-funky label Ubiquity has risen sharply over the past year. From the explosion of underground hip-hop hero Ohmega Watts to new releases from dancefloor hitters like Platinum Pied Pipers and Greyboy to funk/soul issues from Breakestra and Darondo, the well-established imprint seems to be going from strength to strength. The Shape of Things to Come, a download-only comp available through the label‘s website, includes all of these artists as well as newer names such as Nino Moschella, whose rickety, Prince-styled bubble-funk on "Are You For Real" proves that, for Ubiquity in ‘06, the shape of things to come is quite appealing.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player