Various Artists So Young But So Cold: Underground French Music 1977-1983
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Tigersushi
This CD is in fact nothing short of a history lesson, the liner notes to So Young But So Cold inform us. Indeed, aside from the overlooked brilliance of Lizzie Mercier Descloux and perhaps JJ Burnel, no wave-era underground French music has rarely been available Stateside. Compiled by Volga Select and Black Strobe's Ivan Smagghe, So Young happily changes such a fate, collecting searing tracks from the likes of Metal Urbain offshoot Metal Boys, Mathematiques Modernes, The (Hypothetical) Prophets and many others you've never heard of. Trite but true, this is essential listening.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player